Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What are Your Goals? 5 Suggestions to Reap Rewards

There are so many 7 steps and 5 steps, and of course 12 step programs out there, to help you along with life and your career, but I got this idea from playing golf. Who, besides my wife says nothing worthwhile comes from the golf course! I have had over the years this idea that it was a goal of mine to break 80 or 70, or to win a particular tournament or match. But one day I wondered if setting these things as goals may have been the wrong way to look at it. So, I turned this around a little bit and I set my goals to reflect something more simple, more immediate. I made it a goal to approach each and every shot, with confidence, and maybe a few key swing thoughts; left arm straight, head down, smooth rhythm, etc. Not too many thoughts, don't want to overload the system. But, by keeping the goal on each and every shot, my reward would be shooting a great score, or winning the match, or winning the tournament. If I met my goals, I would reap my rewards.

How about your business life? What if you set your goals as, small steps along the journey? Like the golfer who takes the round one shot at a time. Or a marathoner who runs the race, one step at a time? The results of consistently meeting those goals, in the everyday life of your business would surely manifest itself in the rewards of a successful business career.

I suggest 5 goals to incorporate into your swings or steps of life, each and every day, to create a successful reward, in business and in life: Gratitude, Passion, Balance, Integrity, and Perseverance. If you infuse these actions into your daily regimen, and make them your steps along your journey, surely you will reap your rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment