Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Staying on the Path

So far, so good. I've been able to keep to the plan, racking up the miles and staying injury free. As I say, so far so good. During the month of August I logged about 70 miles, which was slightly ahead of August '09. So far this month, half way through, I've logged nearly 40 miles. So, September looks to be a bump, and maybe my highest mileage ever for one month.

With Friday evening comes one of my favorite races, the Cooper-Young 4 Miler, with two of my favorite people: my oldest son, and his beautiful new bride. She and I are going to take in the route at a leisurely rate, and enjoy the sights. After a nice stroll through one of Memphis' best neighborhoods, with friendly porch parties all along the way, we'll all get together and enjoy a great meal in Mid-Town. And then, hopefully, I'll have the fresh legs to do a 12 miler on Sunday morning. It's going to be a great running weekend.

Don't forget to check out my St. Jude Children's Research Hospital fundraising opportunity on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment